7 thoughts on “About

1. Dear Mr. Paterson:

I enjoy reading your blog, and was wondering if you would like to do a link exchange. My book blog’s url is educationanddeconstruction.com. Every week, I make a nonfiction book recommendation in the topic areas of education, history, technology, biography and/or humor. I have already put up your link. Please reply if you would like to do a link exchange. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Sally Friedman

2. Hi Cameron,

My name is Krisca Te and I’m currently working with Open Colleges. We’ve just published this infographic about the 21st century classroom which I think will be of interest to your readers.

You can take a look at it here: http://www.opencolleges.edu.au/infographic/21st_century_classroom.html. The copy-and-paste code is conveniently located beneath the graphic.

I’m sure you will agree that it highlights some really interesting facts and figures including a few that have been sourced from NY Times.

In fact, while I was doing some research on the infographic, I came across your post on Integration or Innovation? which we found really useful in shaping the direction of our research so I’m confident you’ll be interested in the infographic and hope you will be able to share it with your audience possibly as an update to this piece which you wrote in September of last year.

Hopefully this is something you can share with your audience, as I feel it would be a great standalone piece or a useful addition to an article on the subject.

Please let me know if there is anything at all I can do to help.

Best,

Krisca C. Te
    Open Colleges, Sydney

3. Hi Cameron,

I attended a keynote lecture that you gave at the AIS conference at Kings a couple of years ago. I was wondering if you were willing to pass on your marking criteria for applause? I really remember that and would like to use it myself to convey the message that students need to know what to aim for.
    Cheers,
    Julian

4. Dear Cameron,

My name is Colleen Abbott and I am the PD Learning Specialist for Big Scope. (Professional Development for teachers in QLD, NSW and SA.) http://www.bigscope.com.au

I found your blog online whilst I was searching for possible presenters to facilitate a seminar to history curriculum Teachers (grades 7-10). I was wondering if you would be interested in presenting a one day seminar to a maximum of 30pp from 9am -3pm in term 2 or 3? This will be in Brisbane and the topic will be on teaching the Australian History Curriculum to middle school students.

I will organise all marketing, enrolments and admin for the seminar and we can photocopy any resources / handouts necessary. You could chose a date that suits your work schedule. If interested I can send you a planning proforma which will outline our payment to presenters and term and conditions / code of conduct etc.

Thank you for your time with this and please let me know either way if you are interested or not in this seminar presenter opportunity with Big Scope.

Please don’t hesitate to contact our office by return email or on the email address provided above if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Colleen Abbott

5. Hi Cameron, I have seen you speak a couple of times – always inspiring (it surprises me you need a coaching qualification!). Our organisation would like to provide some PD for primary/lower secondary teachers next year on the new syllabus and important changes. It would probably involve presenting in 3 different rural locations.Can you recommend anyone ? Someone as interesting & dynamic as yourself would be preferred!

Stephanie in Armidale

6. Hi Cameron
    I am working with Tony at USYD as a seminar leader and saw the presentation on Wednesday. Fabulous. I am putting together a workshop for the HTA conference in July and I was wondering if I could get your input at some stage. The workshop is, very broadly, on valuing wonder/creative thinking in the History classroom. I would love to come across and see your work in action.
    Thanks for considering.
    Penny

7. Hi Cameron
    I was really excited to hear that you were hosting Project Zero Conference in 2016. I would love the chance to have a chat to see how the Museum might contribute to the event. Please drop me a line if you have a chance. Cheers, Peter